Rocket Pocket Door Technical Information
CHOOSING YOUR ROCKET POCKET DOOR KIT
The Rocket Pocket kit comes in 6 specific sizes, each made for a standard UK door size so you can choose the door you want and it fits first time, every time!!
Max door weight is 60kg which covers most standard doors. For a double door just buy two singles, they come with a joining bracket completely free of charge with each unit.
So you can choose you door panel size from the table below or if the overall space is the more important factor then find the nearest and you will see what door size you need to purchase. It's really simple!
Using 12.5 mm plasterboard on each side of the pocket the finished wall thickness is only 100mm (4inches) but you can increase this quite easily by adding more layers of plasterboard on one or both sides so it is very adaptable.
WHAT DO YOU GET WITH THE KIT
- A complete galvanised steel pocket and integral running track, both corrosion resistant.
- A set of runners each having two 'sealed for life' carbon steel bearing wheel that are contained within the track and cannot 'jump' off the rails.
- A spring steel braking system is included as standard and brakes the door closure under normal usage.
- Door brackets to attach the door to the runners, these have the possibility to adjust up to 7mm so your door can be at the perfect height (remember to always install your frame at finished floor level)
- Included also are 19mm plasterboard screws for attaching your plasterboard to the framework. These are important as they are just the right size to attach the board and not protrude too much with the risk of scratching your door.
- A full 12 year warranty against manufacturing and material defects.
So that's it, everything you need to make a door of your choice into a pocket door. You need only supply the door, plasterboard and any wood linings you choose.
DOUBLE ROCKET POCKET DOORS
Its so easy, each single Rocket Pocket system has an adaptable bracket that ben be used to connect two singles and make them a double so there is no extra cost for a joining kit. When Installing a double system remember to ensure both systems are perfectly in line and plumb and then the doors will meet exactly in the middle.